Lā‘ie, HI, 96762
Joined on February, 2011
Any day at any time
Up to 30 minutes away at my regular hourly rate
EducationSenior, TESOL Major at BYU-Hawaii
ExperienceTaught English as a second language as a volunteer teacher from 2007-2008.
Working as an online tutor at BYU-Hawaii since May 2009.
I love teaching and being a tutor helps me to gain teaching experience. It could help me to prepare for my future career.
(3)or (2) = 3 credit hours or 2 credit hours.
210. Introduction to Linguistics (3) Introduction to the study of language; its structure, acquisition, history, variability, and neurological basis.
260. Phonology (3) Phonetics and phonemics, phonetic alphabets, application of phonological theory to teaching/learning problems, the acquisition of phonology.
321. English Grammars (3) Historical review of syntactic theories of language, including traditional, structural, transformational, and second language pedagogical grammars. Emphasis is on understanding the structure of English and how it can be taught in second/foreign language contexts.
331. Sociolinguistics (3) Language in relation to society: language variability, social dialects, bilingualism, language shift, code-switching, pidgin and creole languages.
423. Language Acquisition (3) An examination of psycholinguistic and sociolinguistic aspects of second language learning and of the research background to second language education.
240. Introduction to TESOL (3 )Fundamental background in teaching English to speakers of other languages, including learner variables, resources, methods and materials, and professional issues.
302. Technology Assisted Language Learning (2) Principles, procedures, and materials for enhancing language learning and teaching with current technology.
375. Observation in TESOL (2) Supervised observation of professionals and programs in teaching English to speakers of other languages for the purpose of creating awareness of different teaching styles, program purposes, and structures in the discipline.
377. TESOL Methods and Materials (3) Survey of language-teaching trends, approaches, and methods, with emphasis on the communicative approach. Provides an overview of teaching techniques, activities, and materials.
400. Second Language Testing and Research Methods (3) Theory and techniques of measurement and evaluation in second language learning. Includes the selection, evaluation, interpretation, and preparation of language tests as well as the development of the ability to carry out fundamental statistical processes. Also introduces the basic principles of research design and methodology in TESOL and linguistics.
425. TESOL Vocabulary (1) Principles, procedures, and materials for teaching English vocabulary to speakers of other languages.
426. TESOL Grammar (1) Principles, procedures, and materials for teaching English grammar to speakers of other languages.
427. Teaching Listening and Speaking (3) Principles, procedures, and materials for teaching English listening and speaking skills to speakers of other languages.
428. Teaching Reading (2) Principles, procedures and materials for teaching English reading skills to speakers of other languages.
429. Teaching Writing (2) Principles, procedures and materials for teaching English writing skills to speakers of other languages.
480. TESOL Practicum (3) Limited, supervised teaching in an English as an International Language class.
HobbiesI love reading and learning new things. Growing up in 2 different cultures have helped me to appreciate culture values. I was born and raised in China, then my family moved to Tonga. I have been living in Hawaii since 2005.
Inquire about this tutor
The tutor will respond if they are available/interested.